Casa Design has returned from Milan’s Salone del Mobile 2017 with news of exciting launches from our vast roster of international brands. This year’s fair was one of the most impressive exhibitions to date, boasting a record number of programs, events, and exhibitors. Up-and-coming trends were evident: woven rope, belting, and fringe, richly-hued velvets, mobiles, mixed marbles, and tons of terrazzo! It would be impossible to recount every exciting design and detail, so we’ve narrowed it down to our “Top 10” favorite new designs from Milan Design Week 2017.
The interior design world is abuzz with predictions of what will be hot in 2013, from surface design and material predictions to color palettes and functionality. Below, take a look at some of the trends to watch:
• Verre Eglomise: This ancient gilding application is achieved by varnishing gold or silver leaf to the back of glass, creating a mirror-like surface.
• Antique Brass: Brass is back, illustrating the cyclical nature of design trends. But this time, it’s a softer, more nuanced take on the classic material.
• Bleached Floors: Lighter finishes are providing an alternative to the ubiquitous dark floors of recent years.
• Blue and Green: These cool hues continue to enjoy widespread appeal, as evidenced by Pantone’s recent announcement of Emerald as Color of the Year.
• Faux Shagreen: The distinctive texture and pattern of shagreen, in tones of gray or taupe, is popping up in decorative accessories and upholstery.
• Bridge the Gap: Some designers are blurring the line between art and function.
• Graphic Details: Stripes, squares and geometric shapes are replacing the florals of 2012.
• Neutrals: Gray and lavender are making neutrals a little more interesting.
We look forward to helping you with all your projects in 2013! Casa Design